A Quick and Easy Make Ahead Breakfast!
The ladies in our coop have been so busy and we have so many eggs! Here is another egg recipe we love to make with our farm fresh eggs. Having breakfasts made ahead of time are so great, especially during the busy summer time! This recipe is also perfect if you are having company. A compact, delicious breakfast!
Did you know there are many benefits to eating the humble egg. Not only are eggs delicious they are little powerhouses for energy and nutrients! Eggs are rich in vitamin D and B12, Omega 3’s and are a good source of folate. Eggs are also an excellent source of good, quality protein. Natural energy, that’s such a bonus!
Eggs are helpful for your eye health due the vitamin A, E, and antioxidants. If you are watching your weight, eggs are filling, and have been found to be helpful with weight management. Something we have always found to be interesting is that eggs are good for your mental health! The combination of vitamins, and minerals in eggs help to reduce anxiety, and can help with a good nights sleep when enjoyed later in the day!
Let’s start out day off right, with a great egg breakfast! With a few simple ingredients you will some great egg muffins in no time.
Quick Egg Muffins
- 1 Muffin Tin
- 1 Dozen Eggs If using small eggs, you may need a few extra eggs.
- 4-6 Strips of Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese of Your Choice
- Olive Oil Non-Stick Spray
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Gather your eggs. You can use smaller eggs like bantam eggs, or large eggs. If you use smaller sized eggs, you may need to add a few extra eggs.
- Crack your eggs one at a time. If you are using farm fresh eggs, a quick tip is to crack your eggs into a separate bowl before adding to your mixing bowl. This allows you to check the eggs for meat spots, etc.
- After you have cracked your eggs, its time to preheat your oven. Set your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the oven is heating up, prepare your muffin pan by giving it a quick spray with some non-stick spray, or rub some butter into the cups of the muffin pan. Eggs can get pretty sticky, so even if you have a non-stick pan, some extra spray is very helpful.
- Now its time for your muffin “mix-ins”. The great thing about this recipe is you can add what ever you like. We love to add some crumbled, cooked bacon, and cheese. You can add your favorite meat, cheese, or sautéed vegetables.
- Instead of adding the “mix-ins” into the egg mixture, we like to put the ingredients into the muffin pan, then add the eggs over top. You want to fill the muffin cups about 1/3 full with your meat, cheese, and/or veggies.
- You want to whip up your eggs before pouring them into the muffin cups. You can whisk your eggs throughly with a handheld whisk. A tip we like is to use a blender or food processor to whisk the eggs up. This way really breaks the yolks, and makes a super smooth egg mixture. Add your salt and pepper if desired when whisking your eggs.
- Pour your whisked eggs into the muffin cups. You only want to fill your egg cups 2/3 of the way full. The eggs will expand when cooking, so be careful not to overfill.
- Bake your egg muffins in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Every oven is different, be sure to keep an eye on your muffins. The eggs muffins are done when they are no longer jiggly, and are set firm.
- You can enjoy your egg muffins right away, or store in the freezer in an airtight container to warm up and enjoy as a quick breakfast!
Why not give this quick and easy recipe a try! Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out on any of our adventures to hopefully inspire some of your own!